Sunday, August 8, 2010

In the Meanwhile

In all my excitement about going abroad, it didn't dawn on me at first that forty-one days is still a really, really long time. Especially when you already have your passport, your housing, your school all lined up, your mini-trips planned out and budgeted and everything scheduled down pact. And so, I realized, I need a few hobbies. I like to write, so that's a given but there's only so much a person can write a day before they suffer from a creative burn-out. And since my best friends and boyfriend are all located too far away, I've decided to take up some hobbies. These include but aren't limited to:

1. Baking. I'm miserable at any sort of cooking (including straight from the box with step-by-step instructions) so this is going to be a feat. I'll let you know if I end up burning anything down, which is a distinct possibility.

2. Finishing the boyfriend (hereby after referred to as 'J')'s anniversary present which is a journal-doodley book type thing.

3. Reading my complete collection of Jane Austen books. They're so prettily bound with their gold-leafed pages, they deserve their recognition.

4. Finding a not completely repulsive/expensive winter coat. This one's just for giggles. I don't think it can actually be done.


Advice on any of the above would be graciously appreciated.
-Ally

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel, I'm going away in six weeks and I'm counting down the days.

    I'll be interested to read your next post, cause your a newby just like me :)

    ReplyDelete