Monday, October 4, 2010

Translator

American to British Translator
v. 1

Chips = Crisps
Fries = Chips
Biscuits = Cookies
Jello = Jelly
Jelly = Jam 
Guido/Thugesque Individual = Chav
To be like aforementioned = Chavvy
Drunk = Wankered
Shrimp = Prawn


This is all I can think of off the top of my head but are the things that have most complicated my life as of recently. Especially the whole Chips/Crisps fiasco. Another odd thing about these "crisps"? The flavors:
There are also things like Prawn Cocktail, Cheese & Onion and Steak & Onion. I have not been brave enough to try any of these flavors yet but I'll let you know if that changes.

Happy Monday everyone!


3 comments:

  1. Whoa that would take some getting used to!

    I am just stopping by from Mingle Monday, and I'm your newest follower.

    Can't wait to read more, check me out at http://thejuicilife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite word is wankered! Love it! The steak & onion flavor creeps me out a bit, not sure why! Found you on Mingle Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im stopping by from Mingle Monday. I really like your blog. Pretty nifty.

    I love this translator. I knew a couple of these but I love Chav...I think Im going to start using that here

    ReplyDelete