Sunday, December 5, 2010

Halloween

I'm a procrastinator at heart. I'm even procrastinating lunch right now. I think my problem's gotten out of hand but REGARDLESS, I'll type up a short recap of Halloween!

So the flatmates and I decided early on that we wanted to have a flat theme going on. At the very beginning, we seriously toyed with the idea of being these people:


But decided against it since we didn't want to spend the kind of money it would take to buy 5 of those. Then we narrowed it down to Alice in Wonderland, the Addams family or 'Hey Diddle Diddle'. I preferred the first one but it was eliminated so I went with Addams. The rest of the flat, though, was dead set on the last one. One of us was going to be a cat with a fiddle, one would be a cow, one would be the moon, and two would be the dish and the spoon. Clever? Maybe. But unfortunately, we weren't clever enough to figure out how we were going to make dish and moon costumes :(

So finally, about 2 days before Halloween, we came to a unanimous conclusion:


From left to right: Joker, Penguin, Poison Ivy & Two-Face. We even had two Batmans! And to top it all off, I'm pretty sure our costumes got more effective throughout the day because by the end of the night, people were actually legitimately frightened of J.


Can't say I really blame them, though. He is kind of a creep ;]

All in all, it was a successful Halloween. Worth every pence spent just seeing the faces of the people in the Tube.

2 comments:

  1. lol. The power rangers thing totally cracks me up because my geky husband actually bought a fiberglass power ranger replica helmet a few years back. Just because (it was not even close to Halloween.)

    I still get after him about it every once in awhile because it cost us a whopping $400. WTF was he thinking?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $400? Goodness gracious, that's insane! haha We went browsing here and it was about £500 for a realistic outfit... what happened to the days of cheap replicas?

    ReplyDelete