Wednesday, December 8, 2010

So Weird

I know I'm still one Spain recap behind but I'm going to go ahead and save that for another day. Today, I've realized that every time I talk to a friend from back home, it makes me a little sad. It's so weird to hear how much everything is changing and how much I'm not able to be there for. I know that my closest friends are going to be there to welcome me home and catch me on all I missed out on but for a while, I'm just going to be hopelessly behind.

I knew it would take adjusting when I first got to London but I never thought about the amount of adjusting I would have to do when I get back home, which, coincidentally, is in twelve days. That's right. Only twelve more days of these crazy adventures before I go back stateside and pick up where I left off. If that's even possible. I doubt where I left off even exists anymore.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that it'll probably be harder to adjust to going back home and realizing that everything's moved on without you. I know it'll be an adjustment that takes significantly less time than culture shock, but it'll still be a hard one nonetheless.

Has anyone else been away from home for a really long time? How long did it take you to get back into the swing of things?

No comments:

Post a Comment